This recipe is one of my favorite dishes ever; it’s an oriental chicken coleslaw salad. I love oriental food and salads, so this is the perfect combination! It’s simple, fast (takes only 10 minutes of your time) and in my opinion delicious! Not many people are acquainted with this dish and therefore, they don’t know what they’re missing. But today I’m going to change that!
Firstly, some general information about the dish. It’s a main course and the nutritional values per single serving are as follows: 350 kcal, 22g protein, 13g carbohydrates and 22g fat.
The quantity is good for four people. Do you want to make the dish for more people? Then you can double the number of ingredients.
Well, know you know all this interesting stuff, I would say, let’s get started!
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 1 bottle of wok sauce with lemongrass (or you can make it yourself: click here for the recipe)
- ½ napa cabbage
- 1 big carrot (approx. 250g)
- 1 red paprika
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (a.k.a. sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 25g chives
- 4 pitta breads
1) Put the chicken in a bowl. Marinade the chicken in the wok sauce (use as much as you like). Cut the half of the napa cabbage in thin stripes, cut the paprika into cubes, cut the chives into 1cm pieces and grate the carrot.
2) Heat a wok and add some oil. Fry the chicken over medium heat until tender. In the meantime, put the chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Grill the pita breads. Mix the mayonnaise, kecap and sesame oil in a small bowl. Mix it together with the vegetables.
3) Add the chicken to it and serve direct. Bon appetit!
And that’s it! As I said, super easy and believe me, super yummy! I really enjoyed writing this article and also cooking again, since I haven’t done that for a while. So for my part, I like to this more often J
I hope you guys like it and maybe try it out sometime. If you do, don’t hesitate and send me a picture of the result. I would love that!
What do you think of my first recipe post? Is it worth repeating?